1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are files containing small quantities of information that are stored on your computer or mobile phone when you visit a Website. This text file is susceptible to be registered, subject to your choice, in a dedicated space on your hard disk, when you consult an on-line service using your browser.
A cookie enables its source to identify the terminal on which it is registered, during its validity period.
Cookies are kept for a period of 13 months.
2. What is the purpose of the cookies on our site?
Only the cookie’s source is able to read or modify the information it contains. The cookies used on our website identify the services and pages Users have visited, and, more generally their behaviour during visits.
This information is useful for:
– Facilitating browsing on our website;
– Improving customization of our services, content, promotional offers, and banners that appear on our website;
– Offering functions connected with social networks and media;
– Ensuring that certain services function efficiently;
– Measuring traffic in certain services.
Cookies are likely to be included in advertising spaces on our website. This advertising contributes to funding the content and services we provide. Cookies are also included in the “share” buttons on social networks.
The cookies on our Website may be installed by BABYCOOL PARIS or administered by partners (for example: traffic measurement system producers, advertising agencies, and social networks).
2.1. Cookies we issue on our site
When you connect to our website, depending on your choices, we may store various cookies on your terminal so that we can recognise your browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned.
The cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices, set via the parameters of the browser software you used to visit our website.
We issue cookies for the following purposes:
– Facilitating and improving your browsing experience on our website: by adapting our website presentation to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) by memorising information from a form you have completed on our website or products, services or information you have chosen on our website (service subscribed, content consulted, purchases, etc.) during your visits to our website, depending on your display hardware and software, while implementing safety measures.
– Improving our services: these cookies are used to calculate statistics and traffic volumes, as well as the use of the various elements on our website (pages and content visited, pathways, etc.), with the aim of making our services more interesting and user-friendly.
– Adapting the advertising proposed on our site, by: counting the total number of advertisements displayed by us on our advertising spaces, identifying these advertisements, counting the number of users who clicked on each advertisement, and calculating statistics; adapting our advertising spaces to the display preferences on your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system, etc.), depending on your display hardware and software; adapting the advertising content displayed on your terminal by our advertising spaces, depending on your browsing history with your terminal on our website and those of our partners; adapting the advertising content displayed in our advertising spaces on your terminal depending on the localization data transmitted by your terminal, if relevant, with your prior agreement; and adapting the advertising content displayed in our advertising spaces on your terminal depending on the personal data you provided.
2.2. Cookies issued on our site by third parties
The issue and use of third-party cookies are subject to the privacy policies of these third parties. We inform you of the purpose of the cookies that we know about and the means available for making choices concerning these cookies.
Third-party applications integrated into our site
We are likely to include third-party IT applications on our website that enable you to share content from our website with other people or inform other people that you have seen certain content on our website/application and express your opinion concerning this content. This is particularly the case of “Share” and “Like” buttons from social networks, such as “Facebook” “Twitter”, “LinkedIn”, “Instagram”, etc.
The social network offering this type of button is likely to identify you thanks to this button, even if you did not use it when you were on our website/application. This type of button may enable the social network concerned to monitor your browsing on our website, simply due to the fact that your account on the social network concerned was activated on your terminal (session open) while you were browsing on our website.
We have no control over the process used by the social networks to collect data on your browsing history on our website and associating it with personal data they already possess. We suggest that you consult the privacy policies of these social networks to find out the purpose of the use, particularly for advertising, of the browser information that they may collect thanks to these buttons. These privacy policies must, in particular, allow you to exercise your choices and rights in relation to these social networks, particularly by adjusting your account settings for each of these networks.
Via third-party content presented in our advertising spaces
Advertising content is likely to contain cookies issued by third parties: either the advertiser responsible for the advertising content concerned, or a third party working with the advertiser (communication consultant agency, traffic measurement firm, targeted advertising supplier, etc.), who has linked a cookie to an advertiser’s advertising content.
If relevant, during their validity period, these cookies may enable a third-party to:
– count the number of times advertising content presented via our advertising spaces was displayed, identify the advertisements displayed, and the number of users who clicked on each advertisement, thus enabling them to calculate the amount due for this service and the associated statistics,
– recognise your terminal in future, when you browse on any other website or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue cookies and, if applicable, adapt these third-party websites and services or the advertising they present to the browser on any of your terminals they access.
By an external advertising agency managing our advertising spaces
The advertising spaces on our website are likely to be managed by one or more external advertising agencies and may contain cookies issued by one of them. If applicable, during their validity period, the cookies issued by these external advertising agencies may enable them to:
– count the total number of advertisements displayed via their services on our advertising spaces, identify these advertisements, count the number of times each one is displayed, the number of users who clicked on each advertisement and, if applicable, subsequent actions by these users on the pages linked to these advertisements, to calculate the sums due to each link in the advertising chain (advertiser, communication agency, advertising agency, website/circulation medium) and calculate statistics,
– adapt the advertising spaces they operate to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system, etc.), depending on your display hardware and software,
– adapt the advertising content displayed on your terminal via our advertising spaces depending on your terminal’s browsing history on our website,
– adapt advertising content displayed on your terminal via our advertising spaces depending on your terminal’s past or future browsing on third-party websites on which the agency concerned also issues cookies, subject to these cookies already being stored on your terminal, according to the choices you made concerning this agency,
– adapt the advertising content displayed on your terminal via our advertising spaces depending on the localization data (longitude and latitude) transmitted by your terminal, with your prior agreement,
– adapt the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising spaces, depending on the personal data you have provided to this advertising agency.
3. Your cookie choices
You have several possibilities for managing cookies. Any settings you change are likely to modify your browsing on the Internet and our website, as well as your conditions for accessing certain services that require cookies. You may choose to express and modify your cookie preferences at any time, using the means described below.
Storage of a cookie on a terminal is subject to the acceptance of the terminal’s User, who may express and modify it at any time, free of charge, using the settings offered by their browser software. If you accepted the storage of cookies in your Terminal’s browser software, cookies integrated in the pages and content you have viewed may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on your terminal. They will only be readable by their source.
If you refuse to allow cookies to register on your terminal, or delete ones that are already registered, you will no longer benefit from a certain number of functions necessary to browse some parts of our website. This applies if you wish to access any of our content or services that require users to identify themselves. It also applies when we -or our service providers- are unable to recognise the type of browser used by your terminal, for technical compatibility purposes, including language and display settings and the country from which your terminal seems to be connected to the Internet. In this case, we refuse to accept any liability for the consequences of any deteriorated operation of our services resulting from the impossibility of storing or reading the cookies necessary to operate them that you have refused or deleted.
How can you choose your options, depending on the browser you use?
Each browser is configured differently for managing cookies and expressing your choices. The procedures are described in your browser help menu, which explains how to modify your cookie preferences.
Refusing a video cookie
Our website uses video cookies to display videos on our website. This service stores cookies on the user’s computer for the following purposes:
– optimising the user’s experience of the video service;
– customising advertising shown before or after the video.
– registering the data necessary to read audio and video content, including image quality, buffer settings, and network connection speeds.
Refusing a traffic measurement or segmentation cookie
Cookies for traffic measurement and segmentation are placed by Google, AT Internet, etc.
To deactivate traffic measurement cookies, you click on the link offered by your browser, which stores a cookie on your browser for the sole purpose of deactivating all other cookies.
N.B. These segmentation cookies measure traffic or audience associated with our Website, pages visited, and interactions on the Website during your visit. Consequently, deactivating them prevents the collection of information on your browsing history on our Website, making it impossible to propose relevant editorial content on the basis of your navigation.
Refusing an advertising cookie
You can manage the use and functions of these Cookies by visiting the advertising industry cookie management platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/ and following the instructions.
You can find out about the firms registered on this platform, who give you the option of refusing or accepting the Cookies they use to adapt the advertising displayed to your browsing history.
Some behavioural advertising cookies are deposited by third-party partners.
N.B. Deactivating these cookies will stop all advertising targeted at your centres of interest from being displayed, but you will continue to receive other advertising. Deactivating these Cookies prevents the collection of information that makes it possible to target advertising during your visits.
Refusing a cookie from a social network
If you do not want our website to store cookies in your browser for this purpose, you can click on the deactivation link to generate a cookie in your browser for the sole purpose of neutralising other cookies from the same source.
Deactivating these Cookies will, therefore, prevent any interaction with the social network(s) concerned. N.B. Your preferences are based on one or more specific cookies. If you delete all the Cookies from our website stored on your terminal, we no longer know which services you have accepted or refused. Following this reset, you will therefore have to repeat the process of refusing any cookies you do not wish to accept. Similarly, you will have to refuse these cookies again if you use a different Internet browser, as your choices concerning cookies are attached to the browser and terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) you use to visit our website.
4. For more information on cookies
If you wish to minimise tracking of your Internet activities, knowing that this may disrupt your navigation on our website and access to our services and/or your subscription, we suggest you check the following page: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/conseils-aux-internautes/
The Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL – French Data Protection Authority) has produced a video showing everything you may wish to know about cookies. Access the video here: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/#c5554